With absolutely no government-based licensing for the locksmithing industry, anyone can call themselves a locksmith, so you do have to weigh up your options carefully. The problem is, you don’t often know you require a locksmith until something major has happened, such as locking yourself out of your apartment. We understand how important it is to make a quick decision in this type of emergency situation, however, there are some steps you can take to make the right decision without wasting too much of your time.
It may be a tad old fashioned, but you really can’t beat a word of mouth referral from a friend or family member. A referral from someone you know and trust holds a great deal of weight, and at the end of the day, many people have been in situations where they’ve required locksmithing services, and if they’ve had a good service in the past, it’s likely you will too.
Many people leave reviews online after their locksmithing service, so if your company is listed on any review websites or perhaps has a Google Business page, be sure to do you homework here. That said, even this stage must be taken with caution due to the amount of fake reviews spreading online. Look out for thorough feedback that goes into detail on the service received, and avoid businesses with only very short and generic reviews.
Locksmithing is a huge industry with many specialisms, but you can really get a feel for a locksmith and their experience if you speak to them in person or over the phone first. Some locksmiths focus on very particular areas of their trade, so feel free to ask them what they specialise in and you’ll immediately get a feeling as to whether they have the right experience for your job.
It’s also important to find a locksmith who knows the area and has built up a reputation purely in your location. By making local searches, you can quickly and easily find companies and individuals whilst local telephone numbers are another good sign. It’s also important to know that there are many call centres which sub out the work to any locksmiths in the area, without necessarily performing full checks on them, so going direct is always best.
Many companies list the certifications they have, however, as is the case with all industries, some associations provide their “accreditation” in return for payment rather than rewarding safe, secure and professional procedures. So if you can, always try to find out what was actually involved in their approval. These are just some of the steps you can take to find a locksmith who’s trustworthy, professional and experienced. Even if you’re in a predicament where you need to make a decision quickly, do try to give yourself a little bit of time to find an individual or organisation you’re 100% happy with. Hiring a locksmith in Watford doesn’t have to be expensive. It is possible to get high quality locksmith services that are still excellent value for money, so if you have locked yourself out or have experienced a recent break in, don’t panic. We are here to make your home safe and secure again, at an affordable price. Our prices begin from £49 for labour. Here is a summary of costs, which will depend on the type of door and lock you have: – Replace/ gain entry to rim cylinder: labour from £49, new standard lock from £25 – Replace/ gain entry – euro lock (wooden/ UPVC/ aluminium door) – labour from £59, new standard lock from £29 – Replace/ gain entry – deadlock/ mortice – labour from £65, new standard lock from £35 For all lockouts, we will attempt to gain entry and open your door without damaging the locks first. We don’t charge callout fees to help make our services even better value for money. You can call us any time of the day or night – we have locksmiths available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Our service is exceptionally quick, which is why many customers choose us over our competitors. It is an easy process, from the point at which a customer contacts us to the completion of the work. Someone will always be available to speak to you and to give you further information on the services you require. We are very competitively priced and will be happy to quote for the job in full before carrying out the work for you. We regularly help customers with lock repairs and replacement, door repairs and replacements, emergency callouts and the installation of additional security features. Our main priority is making sure you are safe, and reaching you quickly. If you need to get hold of us in an emergency or would like a quote for locksmith services in Watford, you can call us on 0758 5933 822
On a daily basis people are using professional services for various needs: beauty treatment, house cleaner, lawyer, taxi and the list goes on and on… However, it is surprisingly shocking how often we neglect the security part of our lives, especially when it comes to our residential or commercial properties. Many property owners overlook situations when they need to call a professional locksmith service and start considering only when an emergency or a major problem arises.
Without having a constant support from a professional locksmith service that can be trusted, a simple thing that could have been fixed easily could turn into a moment of panic – and that can lead to a serious issue. That is why it is highly important to take the time finding a professional reliable locksmith, plan repairs ahead and have a technician on your speed dial at all times.
In this article we will talk about 5 cases when you really need to call a locksmith service and reasons why it’s a better idea than fixing a locksmith problem yourself.
1. Taking good care of your locks and keys
The broken lock issue happens much more often in Watford than people realize. If someone isn’t paying close attention, it’s fairly easy to break a key by putting it in the wrong lock (for example, in the gym locker room) and trying to turn it. Not having a professional locksmith will leave you with all you belongings stuck in the locker.
You may also have a lock that is just sticking now but over some time it leads to lock failure and your key simply snaps in it. It is better to get your lock looked at beforehand or else you might get locked out one unfortunate day.
2. Giving for rent or moving into a new house
Buying or renting a home, at first may not seem like a reason to change the locks. However, just because your landlord is a nice person doesn’t mean you should leave the old locks. Since there’s no way for a buyer/renter to know everyone who has a copy of the doors keys, changing the locks is the best way to stay safe and local 1stlocksmith Watford is the one taking care of this. Maybe you’re an estate agent or property manager with an eviction coming up perhaps with a bailiff you can give the professional Watford locksmith a call to arrange this with ease.
3. Lost keys and lock change
While it never feels good to be a victim, theft does happen. And since this can result in lost keys, service from a locksmith is critical must.
It’s a common knowledge that there are locksmith shops where you can pop in and get your key cut, maybe buy a padlock or even a lock but choosing unreliable service threatens you safety greatly. This is why we highly advise having an established partnership with a local Watford locksmith who can fit the needed lock for you and make sure it fits properly and that your security is at its maximum.
4. Business Security
There are a lot of things that have to be taken care of when it comes to running a successful business. And because business owners have so much on their minds, they shouldn’t have to worry about whether or not their business location is secure. There are so many types of locks and so many ways of them being opened that is why service from a trustworthy locksmith is the best option.
5. Lost car keys and car lockout
At some point you may be looking for a car locksmith technician to get another car key or maybe to reprogrammed your key or even make a spare. You may have locked yourself out of your car and only locksmith experts will be able to get the car opened up for you if you have locked the keys inside the car. Whether it happens during the day or at night all you would need to do is give a local Watford locksmith (1stlocksmithwatford) a call and provide details of the issue along with other information like car registration number, post code of the area the car is in and the year the car was manufactured to speed up the process.
Even if it’s something a little more unusual like opening a bike lock or perhaps even opening a suitcase, a trained locksmith will be able to access these types of things too. When using emergency local locksmith in Watford like 1stlocksmithwatford you can handle all of the above situations practically in no time. Our locksmiths can also open and fit most garage locks.
Call 1stlocksmithwatford at 07585933822 for prompt, reliable locksmith service in and around Watford.
If you ever find yourself in one of the above situations, our technicians are available 24/7 for any locksmith problem!
Thank you for reading,
The 1st Locksmith Watford Team
10 Tips to help you choose a 1stlocksmithwatford.com
1. Understand your problem – 1stlocksmithwatford are covering many different types of functions, while some need a regular key cutting services, others might need to gain entry to their property,other might need a car locksmith, door fitting service, safe opening. Understanding your needs better will also allow you to find the best locksmith and avoid wasting your time and even your money in some cases.
2. Once you have a good understanding of what is needed, its time to Google it! doing so you need to make sure that you are using the right keywords, lets assume that you are stuck outside of your house and need an emergency locksmith services, a good search term would be “emergency locksmith services” , make sure you describe exactly what you need to be sure google shows you the best search results and avoid having unprofessional individuals in the field you need taking a job they can’t handle and can cause you damage.
3. Search for your location, just a “Watford Locksmith” or “Emergency Locksmith” or " Locksmith near me" search might bring you good results, but assuming you don’t like to be stuck outside of your place for too long, you would want to add also your location, continuing our search from the previous tip, now the search term will be “Emergency locksmith services in Watford” for example or even just “Locksmith Watford” should give you good results.
4. working hours, keep in mind that most locksmith services does not operate around the clock, therefore if you need of a help outside of the standard 9am-5pm hours, you might want to add to the search term “24/7 locksmith Watford”
5. this time you probably have a few good candidates to choose from, how would you make a good educated decision now is by asking the right questions. the first would be the most obvious one, “how much will it cost me?” here is where you need to be careful, because many locksmith services might give you a low price on the phone to get the job, but later will increase it, protect yourself and make sure you mention to the locksmith all the job details including your address asking how fast can they show up, the lock brand you have and how much will it cost you to get a new lock from the same type.
6. warranty – another important thing to ask when you talk with a Watford Locksmith is for how long the work they do has warranty, some business won’t provide you any and that a big red sign to be careful and keep checking your other options for a better and more reliable Locksmith. just for example, in 1stlocksmithwatfor, we provide a 12 month warranty to any lock we sell.
7. Insurance – this one is very important, be sure to ask your locksmith if he has a locksmith Insurance for any damages he might do your property while attempting to solve your problem, the professional certified locksmith will also usually have an insurance. at 1stlocksmithwatfor we have for our Watford Locksmith insurance up to 1 Million GBP and even though we never activated it as our Locksmiths never done any damage, its something important for us to know our customers feel safe and protected.
8. Check what Locks your Locksmith has, you would want to make sure that any Watford Locksmith you get for the job has the locks that you have or a better one, many locksmiths will try to get a few extra pounds by putting a cheap lock, in some cases even a fake one, be sure to ask before you book him. at 1stlocksmithwatfor we have over 15 brands of Locks in stock of each one of our professional Watford Locksmiths.
9. Ask for ID, make sure that once they locksmith has arrived he shows you his ID, and won’t be a bad idea to take a photo of it with your smart phone assuming you have one, or just write down the information on a paper and keep in case you will need to contact him in the future.
10. Be kind – Locksmith works hard 24/7. and while the professional ones will be more than happy to answer all the questions above, nobody like to feel interrogated, so be nice and polite as you choose the best Watford Locksmith to solve your problem.
Thank you for reading,
The 1stlocksmithwatford Team